Sunday, May 10, 2009

Real Dumb !!! Don't do this at home !!!

Well, last weekend I broke 2 very important shop rules that I have...
  1. never work with sharp tools when tired
  2. always use the right tool for the job !
I was working on removing batteries from a dead laptop battery pack.  It was Saturday evening, I did not feel like going down to the shop to get my Dremel cutting tool, too tired to make the trip downstairs...  and opted to use my trusty "very sharp" Swiss army knife...

Well it did not take long, the knife slipped off the plastic case and went right through the web of my right hand... drat !!!  


Fortunately, I missed the median nerve, but did nick a vein... so off to the emergency room... 
6 hours later... stitch in hand... now I can't do handwork for a while.

That will teach me !!

No comments:

Post a Comment