Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Arts and Craft Copper Bracelet...

This is a copper bracelet that I made during the Christmas break.

I recycled a piece of copper pipe that I cut lengthwise with a hacksaw.  I used a cold chisel to spread the tube open and flattened it on my anvil with a ball pein hammer.

I cut the piece roughly to the size of the bracelet, deburred it and cleaned-up the copper surface.

I drew my interpretation of 3 McIntosh roses on the surface with a sharpie pen.  I then drilled small holes in the corners of the shapes in order to thread my jeweller's saw to cut-out the shapes.  I refined the shapes with small jeweller's files and cleaned-up the edges with ribbons of sandpaper cloth.

I then cut the bracelet to size and shaped it with my plastic mallet against a wood form.  I have not decided on the finish for the piece, so it's sitting on my desk for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment