Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Silver Bracelet...

This is a silver bracelet that I made while attending a class in the fall last year.  

I cut the silver segments, then gave them a full turn twist, while holding them in pliers.   I did not anneal the silver as I wanted the segments to hold their shapes.

I formed the connecting rings and filed a flat at the joint.  I then got a lot of practice soldering the rings to the end of the segments.

I made the elongated jump rings, connecting the segments together, then soldered the joints of the rings.

I made the catch in a similar pattern of the segments and jump rings.  I soldered a small connecting ring to the catch bar and attached it to the last segment.  The catch ring is sized so the bar just slides in but will not accidentally come loose.

The bracelet then spent a bit of time in pickle to remove the soldering by-products.  I then carefully filed and sanded all the solder joints.  Finally it spent a few moments in the tumbler filled with stainless steel shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment